What a blizzard this event was! The Intrigue Elves worked by night to transform Handcraft Kitchen & Cocktails into Christmas Craziness for Miracle Popup ! A few grinches tried to steal Christmas, but the Intrigue Elves came to the rescue to restore the Winter Wonderland, just in time for Santa! We loved joining forces with the Handcraft family, and showcasing our creativity and passion to the community!
Charleston’s Wine + Food fest is quickly approaching. Time to sip and sample Charleston’s culinary excellence and renowned culture. The heart of the festival, known as The Culinary Village, is where to engage with local chefs, experts, craftsmen, wine lovers and foodies alike. With over 100 additional events to attend throughout the Charleston area, 2018’s festival proves itself to be better than ever. Whether you stay centered in The Culinary Village, or explore the food mecca of Charleston, here is some food for thought to munch on as you embark on your culinary journey.
- Do Your Research: What, Homework? Yes! Check out the schedule for all events and prioritize your top picks. Make it a point to seek out activities you missed last year. Enter your schedule into a spreadsheet to highlight your must-dos and maybe-laters.
- Don’t Overbook Yourself: Remember, this should be a leisurely walk not a marathon…don’t spread yourself too thin by overcommitting. Savor each event, relsh in the moment, schedule breaks, and give yourself time to recharge.
- Don’t Hesitate to Stray: If a ticked event isn’t doing it for you or feels like it is dragging, don’t be afraid to deviate from the schedule. It’s OK to find refuge elsewhere. Find a local bar or restaurant that is more your speed until it is time for the next adventure.
- Recharge: Everything tastes better when it is guilt free. Before morning festivities begin, give yourself time to recharge. Start your day with a brisk walk along the waterfront Battery, or for a stroll through the historic streets of Downtown Charleston
- Find Alternative Transportation: There is no special or secret parking lot. If you must drive, don’t count on parking being close to The Culinary Village. Walk when you can, take an uber, or even rent a golf cart. Golf carts are legal in Downtown Charleston..Plus the breeze may be exactly what you need to refresh.
- Not a Fashion Statement: This isn’t Charleston Fashion Week (at least not yet) Make sure to wear your most comfortable shoes. Patrons will excuse your fashion risk..we promise! Hint: Tasting gets messy, it would be best to avoid wearing white..or even better, bring a stain stick!
- Everlasting Life: You are likely to outlast your phone. Never fear, Marion Square provides charging stations.
- Use an App: Speaking of phones, use an app to save pertinent information you swear you will be able to remember. Hint: You won’t. For all the new wines you’ve sampled, take photos of the labels to your favorites, and save them to an app for future reference.
- After Hour Gossip: Don’t miss out on the party after the party. Get the heads up for opportunities to exclusively meet great chefs, restaurateurs, food personalities, and writers off the beaten path of official scheduled events.
- Say Thank You: Thank the volunteers, home chefs, out of town chefs, vendors, and craftsman as often as possible. The show could not go on if it wasn’t for them!
Whether its a first date or an on-going ritual, all perfect date nights in Charleston must be romantic. In a city so saccharine, there’s no excuse for a night that leaves a bland taste in your mouth. So, let’s meet at a quintessential Italian eatery WAY North of Broad. Read more
What do we all need the day after an event? Coffee! Get to know Chatterbox, an all-organic Charleston coldbrew brand that offers delicious blends in fully customizable packaging for your big day. We sat down with Owen, owner and founder, to discuss how he got started, how he makes cold brew coffee, and what special benefits make Chatterbox perfect for wedding & event favors. Read more
You’ve said yes to your fiancé and to Charleston, now its time to start looking at dates and venues. When you’ve planned your dream wedding day, you want a rehearsal dinner location that matches its charm. Charleston is consistently ranked at the top of the country’s food rankings, and with the plethora of prime bars and restaurants, deciding on the best venue for the day before the big day is no easy task. Take a look at our picks for the city’s top rehearsal dinner venues to help you narrow down your selection. Read more
Just in for the Charleston area is a brand new, hand-crafted, sparkling beverage company with a sweet twist. Read more
You cannot end your weekend in Charleston without Sunday Brunch. It’s the perfect meal that includes mimosas, eggs benedict, and some quality time with the ones you love. Whether it’s just you and your fiancé or the entire family, Charleston has the perfect place that everyone can enjoy. Grab a mimosa and learn more about five popular brunch spots in this historical city. Read more
As the fall wedding & event season approaches, many of you are looking into the best food options. Charleston’s world-class food scene is no secret, so this is undoubtedly no easy decision for locals or visitors. The options are endless, which is a great great problem to have, and we’re here to help! Read more