The beloved tradition of having a first dance is a wonderful moment that signifies the beginning of a newlywed’s exciting journey together. Whether you choose to choreograph a routine or simply sway back and forth, this once in a lifetime moment is by no means supposed to be stressful. That being said, your song selection is a key component in making this moment magical and memorable.
We have created some tips below on how to choose a perfect wedding song that will create an unforgettable experience with your new spouse, allow for friends and family to gather around and admire your love, and kick start celebrating the wonderful night ahead of you!
1. Pick a song that has meaningful/sentimental lyrics to you as a couple; maybe it reminds you of the time you first fell in love, your journey together so far, or a special moment you have shared.
2. Choose something you can dance to. You want to be comfortable with how slow/fast the beat is so you hit those right steps you practiced. And if you miss one, don’t worry! Enjoy the moment and laugh about it together.
3. Find a song that resembles who you are as one. Every couple is unique and so are the endless amounts of songs to choose from! Decide whether you want to go for that romantic, classic, modern, or sheer fun tune.
4. Take into consideration your wedding venue. If you’re hosting a southern wedding, maybe choose an acoustic/country song or if you’re tying the knot at a destination, choose a song that originated from that location!
5. Utilize all the music services offered today. From Apple Music to Spotify and everything in between, there are sure to be tons of pre-made wedding playlists. While browsing, if you fall in love with a song, go for it!
6. Select a song from an artist/band that you both love. When you both relate to the song on a personal level, it makes your dance so much more extraordinary.